DevOps Engineer (HotSpot)
We are the HotSpot team. We are providing Internet access on demand on the ground and in the air.
Our goal and mission are to develop and maintain central components for Deutsche Telekom Hotspot Service. This service provides Internet access via Wi-Fi for clients of more than 50 partner companies, including Deutsche Bank, BMW Group, McDonald's Corporation, KFC, Douglas, Maritim Hotels, Hugendubel, Fraport, Deutsche Lufthansa AG, airports in Stuttgart, Hamburg, Munich, etc. The project team works according to the Kanban methodology and consists of 8 people (developers, test engineers, DevOps engineers, etc.).
We use microservice architecture and advanced technologies. Work on the project has been going on for more than 15 years. New services are constantly being rolled out to operation, and old ones are being turned off as needed. Containerization and cloudification are to be implemented soon.
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing of different PODs and required networking;
- Administration of microservices architecture with high engagement on security protection;
- Setting up new alarms and monitoring tools;
- Connectivity management;
- Applying product configuration changes;
- Keeping the Microservices Architecture details and topology to support Application Development Team;
- Writing/automating/executing unit and/or system tests for new PODs and unit SW;
- Writing technical documentation;
- Deployment of microservices architecture in Kubernetes Cloud environment;
- Building and keeping the CI/CD pipeline using multiple tools.
- Git (repositories etc.) and deployment automation trough the Gitlab CI;
- GitOps and Kubernetes;
- Scripting using Python and Groovy (Java).
And yes, your chances of joining us are significantly increased if you‘re familiar with:
- Docker containers;
- Chef, Ansible;
- DHCP, Radius;
- DNS Bind, PowerDNS;
- Linux OS and Bash scripting, ssh tunnelling, jumphosts;
- ElasticSearch - Filebeat, Logstash, Kibana;
- HELM pods management;
- API development;
- Routing, Firewalling, Loadbalancing.
Who will fit the team best?! No doubts, a talented engineer with good industry expertise, fluent English, fast learner and proactive guy, willing to develop and discover new things. By joining us you’ll be able to drive development of the service that is used by millions of clients of large companies in Europe, as well as gain invaluable experience of interacting with the best IT specialists in Russia, Germany and other EU countries.
We are waiting for you!
- Friendly team
- Interesting projects, business trips to Europe
- Flexible working hours
- Lounge zones, summer terraces with a view, coffee & tea 24/7
- Partial compensation of gym membership fee
- Training & development activities
- Official employment, Annual bonus
- Voluntary health insurance
- Volleyball, football, table football, ping-pong, hockey, PS4, bicycle parking
- T-Kickbox corporate startup accelerator