People Unit Leader (Software Engineering)
We are Deutsche Telekom - most recognizable European Telco brand. We provide mobile and fixed-net communications, Internet, IPTV, and many other digital services for customers across the continent.
What the role is within the company that you could be doing, and what kind of work that entails:
We are hiring a leader to steer one of the units in the "Software Engineering Full-Stack" department which brought together all full-stack developers in the company. In our toolkit, you can find Java, Kotlin, cutting-edge JS frameworks, and other fancy stuff. We organized as Helix (evolutionary continuation of Matrix) organization that means people-leadership tasks are separated from day-to-day business tasks. You will be responsible exactly for people leadership and developing capabilities of your unit of 30 software developers, including:
- Disciplinary management of the people in the People Unit.
- Staff recruitment.
- Managing project assignment of the employees considering their personal traits and development goals.
- Individual further development of the people, e.g. promoting talents, motivating and delighting people through feedback or encouraging people's strengths.
- Developing and maintaining a network of stakeholders within the delivery part of the organization.
- Collaboration with the other People Units across the organization on shaping and implementation of strategic topics.
- Collaboration with the other People Units and the process organization to plan personal development employees in people unit in the long term.
What we’re looking for in candidates in terms of their background, skills, experience, and interpersonal traits:
We’re after individuals that passion for working with people and are curious about the possibilities of technology, are eager to learn, and are diligent and kind. Our teams function well because we place trust in them to be effective. We trust you to do best, and you will do so together with us. We’d expect out of you:
- At least 3 years of experience in the software development industry in any role implying practicing in writing code.
- At least 1 year of leadership experience of a group of 5 and more people. The practice of new team development and newbies onboarding is extremely appreciated.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- General awareness of modern software engineering.
- Hands-on agile methods experience. Ability to act in circumstances of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Fluent English.
- Friendly team
- Interesting projects, business trips to Europe
- Flexible working hours
- Lounge zones, summer terraces with a view, coffee & tea 24/7
- Flex benefits system by category: health, sports, education, family
- Training & development activities
- Official employment, Annual bonus
- Voluntary health insurance
- Volleyball, football, table football, ping-pong, hockey, PS4, bicycle parking
- T-Kickbox corporate startup accelerator