DevOps engineer (OTC)
In the Open Telekom Cloud Delivery, we have broken new ground and created an environment in which a completely new type of product based on open source community software is driven forward with the procedures and principles of a community approach. Lean structures, agile and innovative methods and procedures as well as an extremely innovation-driven environment determine our actions.
With this dynamic and agile orientation, we are the anchor point for the Public Cloud business area in the Deutsche Telekom Group.
We are measured by the delivery of innovative solutions from our platforms and we are consistently focused on this goal. Together with our platform partner and other partners from the OpenStack Ecosystem, we are working sustainably on the further development of the platform. Security and quality aspects are incorporated into the development right from the start in order to create a highly innovative and attractive public cloud product based on German and European security and data protection standards.
We are looking for you to join our team: people who are professionals and evangelists with a great deal of enthusiasm for technology and who will master this challenge together with us.
- Create templates for Terraform, Ansible and OTC tools;
- Make tested knowledge base articles for Customer Portal;
- Create ready to use projects and maintain them on GitHub;
- Create videocasts.
- In-depth knowledge of system technologies (Linux, Xen/KVM, Linux Network and Storage, system tools) as well as OpenStack and Docker/LXC/LXD container technologies;
- Experience with software-defined storage or networking;
- Exceptionally deep expert knowledge of software architecture;
- Strong ability to evaluate technical solutions and make necessary decisions on the solution;
- Detailed knowledge of SW development with Python and at least one other language (e.g. Go);
- Business fluent English in spoken and written - experience in writing/publishing for cloud topics (Blogs, Audio/Video-casts).
- Experience in the ICT sector, ideally with a focus on modern cloud technologies (public clouds, preferably OpenStack-based, dockers, Kubernetes) or excellent networking with the relevant open source communities and many years of experience in open source projects.
- Knowledge in the development of secure scale-out cloud applications and the necessary technological building blocks and tools (e.g. PaaS frameworks with CloudFoundry/OpenShift/Docker, Terraform, Heat).
- Experience in infrastructure automation with Ansible, Ansible Tower and/or AWX or other comparable frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt).
- Friendly team
- Interesting projects, business trips to Europe
- Flexible working hours
- Lounge zones, summer terraces with a view, coffee & tea 24/7
- Partial compensation of gym membership fee
- Training & development activities
- Official employment, Annual bonus
- Voluntary health insurance
- Volleyball, football, table football, ping-pong, hockey, PS4, bicycle parking
- T-Kickbox corporate startup accelerator