Java Developer (SBS)
The Software Build Service (SBS) is part of a T-Systems internal central offering STRIVE. SBS offers a bundle of Jenkins, SonarQube and Nexus to the projects. This includes the infrastructure, an integrated ready to use setup and project support. SBS is used by around 100 projects and more than 1300 T-Systems WhoIsWho users.
We take care of the infrastructure and also the software setup. This includes active contribution to open source tools, such as Jenkins or SonarQube (Enterprise Edition). We are able to offer an easy build integration and abstraction solution based on our Jenkins pipeline library in Groovy which is further developed and extended. Also we tend to automate all sorts our administrative tasks and have written scripts in bash/groovy and a UI tool in java that helps us in our day to day work. We use docker and puppet for the infrastructure setup and hopefully also Kubernetes soon. The SBS team currently consists of 7 employees spread around different locations in Germany and Russia. We need to get 2nd Russian team member working to be able to achieve our goals.
- We are looking for an experienced Java or Groovy developer with an interest in Continuous Integration and DevOps who is able to actively work independently without losing the broader view
- Focus will be on further development of a groovy based library to support Jenkinsfile based pipeline builds (following https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/shared-libraries/), together with experienced Russian colleague.
- Team player
- Java development skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Groovy development skills
- Document the infrastructure and the services
- Support/Consulting of projects regarding build topics (Maven, Ant, npm, Gradle, Grunt, make)
- Infrastructure Maintenance on Linux, mostly Ubuntu servers and some Windows boxes
- Friendly team
- Interesting projects, business trips to Europe
- Flexible working hours
- Lounge zones, summer terraces with a view, coffee & tea 24/7
- Partial compensation of gym membership fee
- Training & development activities
- Official employment, Annual bonus
- Voluntary health insurance
- Volleyball, football, table football, ping-pong, hockey, PS4, bicycle parking